Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A better home and garden

We moved!  I loved the lot and the house the minute I stepped in.  It just felt like home.  Which was weird because the house belonged to a good friend of mine.  My husband and I both were taken aback at the floor plan (ready for a party at a moments notice) and fell in love with the yard.  Outside kitchen, built in fire pit, double pergolas, lovely pool and mature vegetation won us over!  Not to mention an above ground herb garden.  

The inside has two stairwells and a gorgeous flow.  I painted the entire inside of the house in taupes and dark greys.  I used Sherwin Williams Taupe Tone throughout and a dark, rich Sherwin Williams Sealskin to add attitude and panache.  I had the ceilings painted Sherwin Williams Snowbound and used a  gold finish on the ceilings in the bar (Sherwin Williams Tricorn Black) and the dining room (Sealskin) It just adds a glow that I adore.  

I'm posting the back yard pics first.  Stay tuned for other rooms in the future.














No comments: