Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Just what the doctor ordered!

I was asked to do a doctors office that treats behavioral therapy.  The psychiatrist told me her favorite color was blue.  I took my cues from her serene personality and gave her a blue by Sherwin Williams called "Distance".  The color evoked such peace in me that I hoped would come across to her clients. I chose a glittered canvas to be her major art that furthered that peaceful feeling.  I wanted her clients to relax in the space and feel a tranquil vibe, ready to be healed.  

She requested a full sized sofa for meditation and the occasional afternoon nap.  I gladly obliged her.  

Keeping her desk small was key.  I gave her a beautiful silvered patina Hooker writing desk.  

 I incorporated different hues of blue in her custom HollyWould Originals silk orchid floral arrangement.  Going big was key here as I heavily edited her space.  Giving her eye as much freedom to roam around the room to find details like the acrylic and rose gold stapler and sparkly folders.